Prelim :Evaluation



1).In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

In my magazine front cover I used and developed basic conventions such as my masthead and my cover lines however making them add an extra amount of influence amongst the piece. I also considered every part of my mise en scene as I wanted the picture to be the main attraction of the magazine: it is more images based then written based. This made my fashion magazine more sophisticated and reliable building a sense of reliability therefore being treated as if to be  real high end fashion magazine .As I started of initially with my image which was then accompanied with cover lines that linked back to an original theme of rising up and becoming more strong and independent especially amongst young coloured females and that was also shown through my masthead of warrior which added to the sense of power and enlightenment .I also tried many different fonts in order to fit the theme as it was something small but crucial in order to finalise the piece . This was done by putting the most important bits of information in serif font and the rest in san serif also therefore letting the audience know what they are to expect from the magazine being that it is a refined magazine but it also has those elements of fun and interest that potentially it would contain.

2).How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

I did this firstly by asking people within my criteria for their opinions and therefore I was able to ask more questions and make moodboards of my own ideas in order to help me .I did research into magazine that I wanted mine to look like such as Vogue and Elle magazine, taking inspirations and developing their ideas and making them into my own. I also used Photoshop in order to see how my magazine could look like for example if I wanted it in black and white or colour


3).What will you look to improve on for your NEA?

For my NEA I will make sure to structure my piece by knowing where I want each individual aspect to go. I would also like to expand on my Photoshop skills in order to possibly make my magazine better so it has a high finishing quality.


4).What have you learned about yourself from this process?

Something that I learnt about myself during this task is that I am able to create at least a satisfactory piece that fit the theme therefore I have received more of a confidence boost however I would suggest for myself to work on time management in the future as it would make it easier for myself in general and to stay on task.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prelim: Research Rationale

Prelim: Magazine Fonts Moodboard